A digital public good digitizing large scale cash transfers with open source building blocks
What is OpenG2P
OpenG2P is a set of building blocks that reuses & augments existing systems in countries to reduce exclusion and address grievances in real-time.
The building blocks approach means programs deploy only components addressing gaps without discarding what works or start from scratch.
Where OpenG2P Can Help
Mobile-based solutions to enrolling, complaint handling, & beneficiary management in resource-challenged rural & perimeters
Extensible entity resolution & biometric framework for deduplicating & finding/matching beneficiaries usually lacking unique identities
Proof of Receipt Service
Eligibility Rules Engine
Code & Documentation
OpenG2P is built on excellent existing opensource software with large developer and user communities e.g. Mifos at the payment layer and for voucher wallets, Odoo for the ERP layer, Elasticsearch for the deduplication & search service, ODK at the perimeters contribute to code and solving issues on GitHub.
Help build excellent documentation and guides for programs wanting to adopt OpenG2P.
- Identification – implement solutions consistent with ID4D principles but provide options for functional identification as long as protective of consumer privacy, user rights and provide sufficient functionality for deduplication and verifying people as unique recipients
- Open Source First – always include an open source version of the components.
- Agnostic – provide the “glue” between different core components and remain agnostic and “vendor neutral”.
- Sustainability – be low cost, open source for reference, and additive to existing efforts.
- Gender Intentional – promote women’s financial empowerment in the development of the solutions and in execution.
- Community Engagement – enable a toolkit or lab approach such that others can evaluate the solutions and to encourage agile and iterative software development, and take on feedback and ideas
- Prioritize Urgent Needs – design with the urgency of this moment for both COVID-19 physical distancing and economic crisis in many countries,